St. Louise’s offers many opportunities for Student Leadership
- Young Leaders at Key Stage 3 and 4 who undertake a range of leadership responsibilities
- Leaders of Year Council (Post 16 Student Leadership Team)
- Head Girls and Head Boys (Post 16 Student Leadership Team)
- Mentors (Post 16)
When students of any age assume a Student Leadership position, they are challenged to share their ideas, to develop skills and personal capabilities, to lead, to actively participate and to have fun.
Post 16 Leadership
Post 16 students are offered the opportunity to exercise leadership by carrying out various duties and responsibilities.
The Post 16 Student Leadership Team consists of Head Girls/Head Boys and a Leader of Student Council. In their roles they demonstrate leadership and display a range of skills, qualities and attributes. They act as positive role models for the younger students.
The Student Council
- The Leader of Student Council, who is a member of the Post 16 Student Leadership Team, leads the Young Leaders in each Year Group. All the Young Leaders are members of their Year Council.
- Two members of each Year Council are elected to sit on the Student Council
- The Student Council provides a forum for students from all year groups to voice their opinions on a range of issues.
- The Student Council allows students to develop an understanding of the democratic process and provides an opportunity to become more involved in the life of the school as active participants in the decision making processes.