Reaching out in Community
Following in the footsteps of our patron saint, Saint Louise de Marillac, we contribute to the service of the poor, by donating Christmas Hampers to the most needy and vulnerable members of our local community. Our students donate food items such as canned goods, biscuits, tea, jam etc. and auxiliary items such as gloves, scarves and socks for the hampers. The hampers are then distributed during the Christmas period and are gratefully received by the poorest members of our local community.
Saint Vincent de Paul Society:
Vincentian Spirit of Service in action in St Louise’s 2014/15
Financial support for the Missions in the form of weekly collections and Christmas gift appeal.
- Projects managed by the Daughters of Charity in Ethiopia, Kenya, Ghana, Burkino Faso and Nigeria.
Giving of Time
- After schools club in the Mountain View Centre in Turf Lodge
- Summer scheme in the Mountain View Centre in Turf Lodge
- Vincent de Paul in parish – after Mass collection
- Leadership role at the V de P Summer Camp
- Support for SPRED
- Support for Folk Choir in Clonard Monastery
- Multi-cultural group in school
- Volunteering in Primary schools
Giving of material goods:
- Donating, collecting, organising ‘move-on’ packs for DePaul Trust –a support organisation for the homeless
- Christmas hamper donations
- Giving Tree – Christmas toys for needy families
- Re-gifting of unwanted Christmas gifts to the V de P charity shop
We offer a supervised Homework Club from 3.30 pm to 6.00pm daily. This ensures that students have the opportunity to complete home learning tasks in a quiet, supportive environment with access to computer facilities and other services that the students may require.
Clonard Retreat Programme:
In Year 10 and again in Year 11, our students visit Clonard Monastery tp participate in the Retreat Programme. This is a most successful and rewarding programme which was established a number of years ago. It allows the students to engage in a spiritual experience away from the school environment. Inspiring talks are given to the students from members of the local community about their various life experiences. The students have the opportunity to engage with the speakers and to bond with each other.